Brohm Ridge

Trails, trails and more trails!

Brohm Ridge

PostAuthor: t_sowinski » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:54 pm

Just did Brohm Ridge on Sunday (June 7) and it was a lot of fun.
My first time up there, and I just went up solo. Road was rough but maintained if that makes sense. No washouts or anything like that. Some loose rock which meant you had to pay attention on some of the steeper sections, but all around not too bad. My basically stock 4runner made it up without any fuss, just had to keep in 1st/2nd and 4hi.
Pretty warm, but lots of fun and nice views. No snow at all anywhere, I went right up to the top gate. After that it kinda keeps going but it's basically an ATV trail, I wasn't gonna try it with by myself.

Here's a link to the pictures! http://imgur.com/a/9lU4v
t_sowinski
Surrey Chapter
Surrey Chapter

Re: Brohm Ridge

PostAuthor: BowlEEac » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:09 pm

cool pictures! looks like a fun day. [rubber]
1993 toyota 4runner, slightly modified...
Always working on the next "great" idea...
BowlEEac
Monster Moderator
Monster Moderator

PostAuthor: sexonwheels » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:16 pm

BowlEEac wrote:cool pictures! looks like a fun day. [rubber]

Definitely!

Did the trail continue on the other side of that rock slide?

So there is a harder trail on the other side of the gate?

Hopefully in a few months you can whore out the Boneshakers logo! lol. I hear those guys at BCToyota4wd suck! [poke]
1989 Toyota Pickup | Single Cab | Solid Axle | Locked | 33's
sexonwheels
Surrey Chapter
Surrey Chapter

PostAuthor: t_sowinski » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:09 pm

Well there's sort of a trail behind the gate, but I'm not sure how much farther it stays as something you can actually drive down. I know it turns into a hiking trail eventually because there is a hike that you can do up to a little cabin/shelter/lookout thing...

As for the rockslide area, yeah it looks like there's a trail that continues on, but it got pretty gnarly looking. I think with lockers it wouldn't be a problem, or at least a second truck and a winch. It was more sorta deep ruts with some mud and loose gravel.
I didn't walk too far down it because it was hotter than hell, but it looks like it might go a ways. I think it kind of wraps around the little peak that the rockslide comes down from.

Really nice drive just up to the lookout though, and there's even two ways up, so you can go up one way and come down another, just for more trail. They split right before Cat lake, and join up pretty close to the top. Both are about the same difficulty I would say, but one goes through the forest and one is more open areas.
t_sowinski
Surrey Chapter
Surrey Chapter

Return to Trail Talk